Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Embracing the POSIG-updated









Well, I`ve been wafflin' an' obsessin' about decorating/makin' more useful our upstairs common area, an' on a whim last high tide' I decided t' embrace th' idee o' them hideous, huge, red, furry inflatable things th' kids love (they be from IKEA an' called, in IKEA-like manner, posigs). I canna find a picture o' them on th' web since IKEA dasn't sell them anymore, but I`ll post pictures when th' room be set up. Here be pictures o' everythin' else I be goin' t' get t' go wi' th' theme: th' big bookcase be pretty huge an' will go on th' main wall. I will get some o' th' smaller ones t' match, an' put them horizontal wi' a flat screen TV on one an' th' other under th' port half o' th' windows. I got two each o' th' red chairs an' stools off Craigslist last high tide' fer $100- they looked like new, an' o' course K already wrote on one wi' a pencil. I be thinkin' o' gettin' one or two o' th' miniature chairs fer th' lass' an' th' lass' buddies. What do ye think?

3 comments:

VirtualM said...

We have the giant bookcase in our dining room. It's the only thing big enough to hold all of our books and movies, and since Frankie's taken over the bottom row of cubbies, we're outgrowing it. All that being said, we love it. It's functional and it looks pretty nice as well. Good luck decorating, I have no decorating sense, so I won't give you any advice. We just throw together whatever we like that is cheap or free and hope for the best!

claire said...

M, I love your place! One thing I hate about being old and 'established' is feeling like I have to compete with our neighbors, the kids friends, and the pottery barn catalog. I knew the kids would be so sad if I banished the POSIG, and this is supposed to be the kids' area, so I'm going for it!

Has the shelf held up well... does it sag much if you load it up?

VirtualM said...

I guess that's one of the upsides to being poor and living in a 'transition' neighborhood!
We've had the bookcase for at least a year and a half, and I've got no complaints. It's got mostly books on it, so I'd venture to guess that it's holding up a decent amount of weight. However, we did notice, about a week ago, the same shelf sitting on the side of the street in front of our neighbor's house - I guess his broke, but for all we know, he could've been practicing his tae kwan do on it or using it to hold his really heavy rock collection.