Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trash to Treasure



I found an old coffee table in a neighbor's trash can just as I was thinking of wanting to do a bench project for her piano recital that we could donate to the Girl Scout hut.

We painted it up in a McKenzie Child style in colors that match the GS hut decor (!) and it turned out pretty cute. I still need to put a coat of polyurethane on it before we take it over there for permanent use. Meanwhile, it's our piano bench, and I need to keep looking for one that matches OUR decor :-)

Bonus- you can see my kitty Butterscotch in the background of the top picture.

5 comments:

Heather said...

That did turn out really well--it looks so cute! Kudos to you two for being so creative:-)

VirtualM said...

That's pretty sweet! Claire and J, the craft masters. If you come across any more good trash (the trash in our neighborhood really is just trash) let me know!

Jan said...

Man that looks awesome! How did you get the lines so perfect? Hope C is feeling better after his dive! Ouch!

Jacki said...

I remember seeing that at my shower. It is so cute and you are so creative for doing that. What a fun project!

jenny said...

very fun project, it looks darling! i have great memories of doing things like that with my momma when i was little. your girls will love those memories.