Friday, October 19, 2007

Party a Success- K has her cake and eats it, too!




K's duck party was lots of fun for her, which was my main concern. My friend J took this great picture of K retreating from the present overload at the end of the party with a few of her favorites. At first she was only too happy to open "pez," (when someone handed her the second one, she said in surprise, "MO(re) pez??), but after about 4 or 5 she needed a little 'alone time" behind the chair. Thanks for emailing me the picture, J, too bad I didn't ask you to be the official photographer! By the way, she is holding 'tiny Elmo' and a chatty telephone.

I'm bummed that I forgot about the best game I had planned, Hot Potato, in which we would pass one of the rubber duckies around and who ever was holding it when the music stopped had to act like a duck. Bummer! The Toss the Duck game seemed to go over well- except the kids got a bit wetter than I anticipated. All in all, we had some good Ducky Fun and if you didn't get your goody bag, let me know.

2 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

sorry we missed it, I hope she had a good birthday!

Craig said...

Everytime Elizabeth gets in the car all she wants to hear are those blasted duck songs.... I can now sing them all from heart ;)